Sign Violation

Sign Violation

It is unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to distribute or deliver any handbill, advertising matter or newspaper to any premises in the unincorporated area of the county where the owner or occupant has told the distributor or the person making the deliveries that he does not desire to receive such materials; or has posted a sign at the door(s) of the premises specifying the type of material the owner or occupant does not want to receive.

Signs placed in the public right-of-way are subject to immediate removal by the Public Response Office. Other illegal signs are issued a Notice of Violation and given fifteen (15) days to come into compliance or to be removed.

Posting notices or other advertising on utility poles is prohibited.

Signs shall not be placed within ten (10) feet of the public right of way and must have permission for placement from the property owner. 

Signs shall not be placed within any street, sidewalk or public right-of-way. All signs placed on private property require a Clark County sign permit and must have the property owner’s permission to place the sign on the property. On premise signs must be sixty (60) feet from any single-family residential use. The time limit for temporary sign permits is 2 years. Signs must be removed immediately after the sign permit expires. The sign must be 200 feet from any temporary off premise sign or “For Sale” sign oriented toward the same side of the street, or an 80-foot radius, whichever is greater.

For Sign Permit questions, contact the Building Department at (702) 455-3000. Please note a sign company must be the one to pull the permit.

To report a Sign Violation citizens are encouraged to call the Clark County Public Response Office at (702) 455-4191 or submit an online request at

Sign up for Clark County Newsletters

Subscribe today to get your neighborhood news